Starfinder’s top priority is the health and safety of our community. We will implement all recommendations of the CDC and follow all guidelines of local and state health officials in response to COVID-19.
City of Philadelphia – November 18, 2020, Guidance for Recreational Activities and Sports
At Starfinder, we are doing our part to ensure the safety of our staff, participants, and renters. We have increased the frequency of our cleanings and placed robust policies and procedures in place to minimize the risk to our Starfinder family.
We ask that all visitors help to prevent the spread of COVID by complying with the guidance of public health officials and following the steps listed below. Please hold yourself accountable by complying. Your adherence to these precautions will mean we can keep our doors open and will help us continue to stay healthy and active. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
Starfinder Foundation – COVID Safety Guidelines
- If you are sick or displaying any symptoms of the Coronavirus, STAY HOME. Symptoms include – but are not limited to – fever, muscle aches, fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell. (For program participants, NOTIFY program staff if you are not feeling well.)
- If you have been asked to quarantine, or knowingly had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, STAY HOME. (For program participants, NOTIFY program staff.)
- No Spectators. Spectators will not be permitted in the building.
- Mezzanine is closed, players must enter and exit at field level.
- Avoid physical contact with others when in the building (no handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.)
- Practice fitness distancing and maintain A DISTANCE of AT LEAST 6 FEET from others, when possible.
- MASKS must be worn AT ALL TIMES. (Short mask breaks are permitted ONLY when you are more than 6 feet away from others)
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering the building. Wash or sanitize before and after each period of play, and after using the restroom, sneezing, or coughing.
- A maximum of 2 people allowed in the bathroom at a time. Please use the bathroom prior to arriving and limit in-facility bathroom usage.
- Bring your own FULL reusable water bottle with your name on it. No disposable plastic or glass water bottles are allowed. Bottle fillers are provided.
- Avoid touching your face or sharing any equipment, bags, or water.
- Disinfect your equipment as often as possible.
- No spitting of any kind.
- NO FOOD OF ANY KIND on the field, including sunflower seeds.
- Leave all personal items including backpacks at home, only bring what you need.
- Put on all your gear before you arrive at the facility – no changing at the field level.
- “Leave No Trace” – carry-in-carry-out. Items left at the field after activity concludes will be disposed of. We no longer have a Lost & Found.
- To avoid crowding, leave the facility immediately when your activity is over so as not to overlap with the next group.