There are two ways to volunteer with Starfinder.
If you are interested in volunteering in our youth programs for a two-hour period once or twice a week for 3 to 6 months, please respond to the questions below and email them to Jeanette Hibbs at email@example.com. All volunteers are then required to attend an information session (held every other month) before being placed as a volunteer.
Our programs run during the school year on weekdays between 3:30pm and 8:30pm. Each age group spends 2 hours doing on-field and off-field activities (health/nutrition, cultural awareness, multimedia, and reading).
If you are not able to commit to 3 to 6 months but would still like to be involved with one-time events or activities throughout the year (graduation, facility clean-ups, fundraising mailings, special projects), please send your name and contact information to Jeanette Hibbs and she will add you to our “one-day” volunteer mailing list and contact you as needs arise. "One-day" volunteers are not required to attend an information session.
1. What experience have you had working with children? What ages have you worked with?
2. Do you have soccer experience? (not a requirement)
3. Do you have teaching or instructional experience? (not a requirement)
4. Are you available to attend the next information session on Monday, April 8, from 6pm-7pm (attending an information session is required for all volunteers).
5. Please list your availability for the following:
(a) 3 or 6 month commitment?
(b) Which days of the week are you available?
(c) Which two-hour time period is best for you between 3:30pm and 8:30pm?
Thank you for your interest! We hope to hear from you.